Divorce Attorney St Augustine - Divorce is a challenge. Our experience helps.
Put our experience to work for you. Call now, 904-794-7898.
Volatile and Highly Charged Cases of Contested Divorce
If you find yourself facing the daunting challenge of divorcing your marital partner, you are very possibly facing a volatile, highly charged situation.
It is important to understand your legal rights as well as the options Florida Law allows regarding Family Law and Divorce. When a Divorce is Contested, this means that the parties cannot agree either on getting a Divorce, or about the terms of the Divorce (such as Parenting Plans/Child Custody, Spousal Support/Alimony, division of property, etc.).
In Florida, the word “dissolution” is used in Family Law when referring to a Divorce. It is possible for this dissolution to be a fairly straightforward procedure if it is Uncontested, but if there are unresolved issues of any kind between the parties involved, the dissolution is considered Contested.
Many factors can enter into the case, and it is vital to consult an experienced and knowledgeable Family Law Attorney to help ensure your legal rights are protected.
Divorce creates significant disruption resulting in permanent changes.
There are many questions you might have, such as:
• Will I be able to support myself?
• How do I protect my relationship with my children?
• Where will I live?
• Where will my children live?
• How will we split up our property?
• How do I prevent my spouse or domestic partner from moving our assets?
• Where will I go for help, advice and the legal representation I need?
Put our experience to work for you. Call now, 904-794-7898.
Passionately and proudly serving our clients in: Divorce, Spousal Support/Alimony, Child Support, Parenting Plans, Visitation, Time Sharing, Custody, and Paternity. Criminal Trials, DUI, Felony, Misdemeanor, Drug, Traffic Crimes, Probation Violation, and more - in the Northeast Florida counties of St. Johns, Putnam and Flagler; and the communities of Saint Augustine, Palatka, Hastings, Bunnell, Crescent Beach, Saint Augustine Beach, Fruit Cove, World Golf Village, Ponte Vedra Beach, Palencia, St. Augustine Shores, Welaka, Moultrie Creek, Davis Shores, Anastasia Island, Moultrie Junction, St. Augustine South, Vilano Beach, Palm Valley, Nocatee, Palm Coast, Crescent City, East Palatka, Florahome, Satsuma, Interlachen, Flagler Beach, Pomona Park and surrounding areas.
We're with you from start to finish.
If you are thinking of separating from your spouse, the law office of Michael Hines will help you with all aspects of the divorce, including:
• Timesharing and Parenting Plans
• Child Support and Spousal Support/Alimony
• Equitable Property Division
• Enforcement and Contempt Issues
• Domestic Violence and Injunctions
• Contested and Uncontested Divorce
• Special Needs of Active Duty Military Members in Divorce
• Post-Judgment Modifications
A Vital Resource for You.
People come to Michael with many questions:
• How do I know if my spouse is hiding assets?
• What do I do it my spouse is stealing from me?
• What if I feel threatened by my spouse?
• What if my spouse tries to keep my child from seeing or talking to me?
• What if my spouse is withholding money from me?
• If I don't really want a divorce but need to be separated from my spouse, at least temporarily, can I obtain child support or spousal support/alimony?
• If I leave the marital home, will I lose it in the final property settlement?
Michael and his team of experts passionately advocate for clients in negotiation, litigation and inside the courtroom. Let us guide you every step of the way. Get straight answers to your questions, and receive the legal advice you need to help alleviate the stress and confusion that comes with any divorce.
When considering a divorce, you need to completely change the way you think and act.
It is vital that you understand that you are no longer “partners” with your spouse, because they will now be acting in their own best interest. You need to take steps immediately to protect your money and get control of your financial situation. Before you talk to your spouse, you should talk to an experienced divorce attorney like Michael Hines about your legal rights and the steps you need to take to prepare for divorce. Divorce is more complicated than most people believe. We can help you develop a plan for preparing for and surviving your divorce.
Divorce Is More Than A Legal Problem.
• Divorce becomes more than a legal problem - it's a lifestyle change.
• A divorce affects many aspects of your life.
• You are single rather than married.
• Your financial status changes.
• Your relationships with friends, parents, in-laws and even your own children change.
• Your residence may change, you own less property, and have less money/income.
• Your credit may be harmed.
Advice from Michael: Think About the Consequences of Your Actions.
We know the best way to protect your children from being involved in your divorce and we'll guide you through the process of separation. We carry out the business aspects of the case while making sure the emotional aspects are dealt with sensitively and in an environment of respect and professionalism.
Your family and life will be reorganized. We'll empower you to take actions that make the best of the challenging transition.
Attorney Michael Hines has worked tirelessly to develop and maintain the respect of and relationships with opposing counsel, Judges and juries. He has developed a reputation for advocacy and established credibility. Michael Hines is known for his integrity and for maintaining a positive working environment with all parties involved in his cases, even his opponents, in order to get things done as quickly and amicably as possible.
The Law Office of Michael Hines is a trial practice - prepared to fight for you in the courtroom.
Choosing the Right Divorce Attorney
At the Law Office of Michael Hines, P.A., we care about you and will devote ample time to your case. Our goal is to get things done right. You will find that we are ready to spend time with you, getting to know your situation and filling you in on the process you will go through. You will have experienced, passionate and dedicated legal counsel by your side from start to finish. Michael Hines has successfully helped families dealing with divorces from amicable to the seemingly impossible.
Confident and Attentive.
The law offices of Michael Hines are dedicated to helping you face the challenges of the moment with an eye toward your future.
• Give you one-on-one attention and listen to your concerns and needs
• Thoroughly prepare your case with attention to detail
• Inform and guide you through the process
• Help you formulate goals & set realistic expectations
• Provide you with options
• Negotiate from a position of strength
Be prepared to litigate if reasonable agreements cannot be reached.
Throughout it all, Michael operates on this principle:
You should know what’s being done on your behalf and what’s happening with your case. Even if you haven’t made the decision to divorce yet, we encourage you to come to the Law Office of Michael Hines, P.A. It's always good to know your options and rights.
Knowledge and Experience.
Michael has handled cases involving:
• Contested child custody • Parenting plans • Child support • Property and debt distribution
• Spousal support/alimony • Complex property and financial issues
• Stock options, business valuations, tax issues • Real estate investments and partnerships
• Executive compensation and benefits • Retirement and pension valuations • QDRO distributions
• Valuation and distribution of valuable collections • Child Support Modifications and Enforcement
• Pre- and post-nuptial agreements • Clients’ needs pertaining to relocation • Domestic partnerships
We understand the stress and emotional strain our clients go through during a Divorce. That's why we offer compassionate, yet thorough and aggressive representation.